12 Jul 2017
Aaron and Daniella nailed it and pocketed $200,000 in the process.
... and what a transformation it was.
We're talking of the House Rules 2017 Grand Final that was watched by over 1.5 million viewers nationally on Australian TV, via channel 7 network.
With a combination of imagination, design flair and dedication they completed a renovation on one of the most difficult 'wardrobe sized spaces' and turned it into an aspirational, open man cave home cinema viewing area. It just goes to show that your home, no matter what size it is, holds unlocked potential thats limited only by creativity and (of course) budget.
So what did Aaron and Daniella do that impressed the judges to give them such high scores?
They first though deeply about their audience, design and lifestyle aims. To create a unique zone where watching movies or the footy on a friday night would be heavenly. This was the utopia for their best friends and "clients" Kate and James.
How did they transfor a poky awkward space into a mini man cave?
- added a boutique designer bar where fresh, cold beers could pour freely.
- opened the walls and exposed the greenery to make it a walk in space
- added a projector with retractable screen that opened to create and indoor/ourdoor transitional room, gold class cinema
- Chose five pieces of ambient lounge bean bag furniture, including the central Twin Couch in Blue Jazz fabric to create the relaxed vibe with aethetic structure to suit the area. The texture and coolness of colour to enhance the space was evident.
- tastefully added accents such as prints & small minimalist touches that complmented but didn't clutter the small room
- Renovated decking, mood lighting and seating outside so that enjoying the outdoors (no matter how tiny the space) would be possible.
The before and after pictures told the story. The ultimate blokes boho hangout was created.
Their clients and friends were thrilled. The judges were wowed. Job done.
Are you an Australian interior designer? Want to ask us about softening your commercial or residential creative spaces? Please give Ambient Lounge a call on 1300 707 121 or email email@example.com for more. Or learn more about our soft modular furniture collection